Sunday 25 January 2015

Introduction

My name is Sarah and this is my blog. I grew up in England, not all that far away from London, and decided- for a change- to come to the University of Tampa to study and further my Education. I immediately got involved in the school, trying out for the cheerleading team in the summer and joining a sorority when I finally got here.
After deliberating for a long while over what to major in, I came into the school with the intent to study Graphic Design, however, as the classes progressed and the semester neared the end, I changed to major in Advertising and Public Relations as I felt this broadened my options in terms of deciding upon a career- because I still have NO idea what I want to do with my life other than travel. From taking this course in Beginning Digital Arts I hope to expand my knowledge about computer aided design. I would like to learn more about how to use and operate software such as Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.. I learned the basics of how to use these programs last year at my school in England and was pretty good at messing around with it and figuring something out if I wasn't sure how to use it, but I would like to actually gain a better understanding of what I'm doing. I feel this will be helpful in figuring out if this area of work is a path I want to go down in terms of a career or job after college. I expect to learn a lot from this class and think it will be helpful to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment